Bitten by rattlesnake
Mica Craig, a 47 year old man, went to Wal-Mart to buy supplies to grow marijuana plants. It’s OK that he’s growing these plants.He has a license to grow them for some medical reason.
Looking at mulch
While Mica was in the garden area of the store, he was checking out some mulch for his plants. On one bag of mulch, he saw what appeared to be a twig. He reached down to knock the twig off the bag with his hand. That is when he was attacked by the snake. He told how he had to shake his hand two times to get the snake to release it’s bite.After being bitten, he stomped on the rattlesnake making sure it was dead. Another patron of Wal-Mart came to his assistance. Maria Geffre heard Craig called out that he had been bitten by a snake. He had fallen to the floor and was lying there. She helped get him to the hospital where he was in so much pain that they kept him and feared he may loose two of his fingers. They also treated him with 6 doses of anti-venom when his hand started swelling. They originally thought that the snake had not injected any venom into his hand until he started swelling.
Checking out the store for more
The Wal-Mart store is located in the north western parts of the state of Washington in the city of Clarkston. The store is sure this is a one time incident, that there are not any more snakes inside the store, but are doing all they can to be certain. One person who saw the snake said it had 4 rattles on it’s tail and was at least a foot long. Wal-Mart did apologize for the incident. They are looking into how the snake got into the store and make sure there are not any more. Wal-Mart is not sure if the snake came from a field close by the store or was delivered at the store when garden supplies were brought in.